Babies love apples and apples love babies! This noble fruit has tons of goodness for the health of babies. They are easy to digest, are power-packed with nutrition and are also delicious. But, if you want to feed your babies apples in different ways, then here are some recipes.
This dish is recommended for babies of 5 months and above. It is the easiest and quickest recipe.
- Peeled and cored apples, around 2
- Freshly squeezed unsweetened apple juice
- Cinnamon powder
- Nutmeg powder
- Vanilla essence
- Take the apples and chop them togther roughly. Add the pieces in a pan along with some water and let it come to a boil. Add some apple juice to the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool and then start mashing the pieces until you get a texture that is perfect for your baby.
- Now add some nutmeg, cinnamon powder and add some vanilla essence.
- You can serve it at room temperature or even serve it cold.
Apple Soup with Sweet Potato
Both soup and sweet potato together make a delicious apple soup that is very healthy for your baby.
- Chicken broth
- Sweet potatoes boiled
- Grounded ginger
- Grounded cinnamon
- Take butter in a pan and heat it. Add flour the melted butter and let it cook continuously until it gets golden in colour.
- Add the chicken broth into the pan and keep stirring. Add applesauce, sweet potato pieces, ginger and cinnamon.
- Stir all these well and bring to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and grind to a smooth paste. Pour this puree into the pan again.
- Add milk, heat again and then cool. Serve the soup to your baby.
Apple and Grape Squash
This is a delicious apple and grape squash that has variety of flavours.
- Melted butter
- Peeled and sweet apple
- Grape squash
- Pre-heat the oven and heat it to 180 degrees.
- Cut the grapes into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Grease the baking tray and then place the grapes with the skin side facing upwards.
- Cover the gray and then place this in the oven. Let it rest for 20 minutes or so.
- Take a bowl and add the pieces of apple to it. Add melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, ginger and mix all these well.
- Take the tray out and then flip the grapes again. Add the apple mixture to the grapes, cover the tray and again place it for 20 minutes.
- Replace it with honey or sugar or any other sweetener.
These are some delicious baby food recipes with apples. These are very healthy and full of vitamins and minerals for your little baby.